The department produces a wide variety of theatre productions each academic year. Participation in theatre productions is open to students at all levels and from all disciplines, and auditions are open to the entire campus. Denison has two primary theatre spaces: the Leroy "Ace" Morgan Theatre, a 200-seat proscenium house, and the 3600-square-foot Burke Black Box Theatre. Both theatres are used for main stage and student productions.
In addition to the theatre spaces, the department has excellent construction and support facilities:
- A fully-equipped 1800-square-foot scene shop
- A paint storage and preparation room and a two-story electric paint frame
- The Mulberry Lab, containing digital drawing, scanning, photo editing and film editing software and hardware, used in costume, scenic, and lighting design courses.
- A satellite Mulberry Lab with two computers equipped with the same capabilities as the Mulberry Lab.
- A second, fully-equipped shop for welding and metal fabrication and cabinetry and fine props construction
- A fully-stocked electrics shop
- An extensive costume shop with a separate cutting and pattern layout area
- Extensive storage facilities that house many hundreds of props and costumes from every historical period
- A theatre library, with hundreds of play scripts and theatre texts.