Kimberly A Coplin
Ph.D. from The Ohio State University
M.A. from Johns Hopkins University
B.A. from Denison University
Kim Coplin has done research in experimental condensed matter physics, especially concentrating on conducting polymers, and in the biophysics of human movement. She recently has taught Introductory Physics, Modern Physics, and "Physics and the Sound of Music". Since 2006, Kim has served as an Associate Provost.
- S.W. Jessen, J.W. Blatchford, L.-B. Lin, T.L. Gustafson, A.J. Epstein, K.A. Coplin, J. Partee, J. Shinar, D.-K. Fu, M.J. Marsella, T.M. Swager, and A.G. MacDiarmid 1997. Long-Lived Photoexcited States of Pyridine-Based Polymers: Solvent Dependent Control of Triplet Excitons and Polarons. Physical Review B.
- R", S. Quillard, G. Louarn, K. Berrada, S. Lefrant, K.A. Coplin, S.W. Jessen, and A.J. Epstein. 1995. Resonance Raman Scattering and Photoinduced Infrared Absorption in Different Forms of Polyanilines and Substituted Polyanilines .Nonlinear Optics. v. 10 p. 253
- A.J. Epstein, J.W. Blatchford, K. Kim, L.-B. Lin, T.L. Gustafson, K.A.Coplin, and A.G. MacDiarmid. 1994. Long Lived Neutral Solitons in Pernigraniline Base. Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals. v. 256 p. 399
- K.A. Coplin, S. Jasty, S.M. Long, S.K. Manohar, Y. Sun, A.G. MacDiarmid, and A.J. Epstein. 1994. Neutral Soliton Formation and Disorder in Pernigraniline Base. Physical Review Letters. v. 72 p. 3206
- K.A. Coplin, J.M. Leng, R.P. McCall, A.J. Epstein, S.K. Manohar, Y. Sun, and A.G. MacDiarmid. 1993. Photoexcitation Spectroscopy: Solitons in Pernigraniline Base. Synthetic Metals. v. 55 p. 7
- R.P. McCall, J.M. Ginder, J.M. Leng, K.A. Coplin, H.J. Ye, A.J. Epstein, G.E. Asturias, S.K. Manohar, J.G. Masters, E.M. Scherr, and A.G. MacDiarmid. 1991. Photoinduced Absorption and Erasable Optical Information Storage in Polyanilines.Synthetic Metals. v. 41 p. 1329
- T.E. Skinner, M. T. DeLand, G.E. Ballester, K.A. Coplin, P.D. Feldman, and H.W. Moos, J. Geophys. 1988. Temporal Variation of the Jovian H I Lyman Alpha Emission. Res.. v. 93 p. 29