As part of the ATEP application we ask that you provide the ATEP Admission Committee with a brief, 1 - 2 page, personal statement. This statement will assist us as we evaluate your ability to articulate your intentions as to why you wish to pursue the profession of athletic training.
In preparing this statement please keep in mind that athletic training is a profession that frequently requires written work that is substantial in content and precise in form. While the ATEP Admission Committee recognizes that applicants are in the early stages of written proficiency we believe that the quality of this statement reveals information indicating potential for success within the ATEP. This work will also demonstrate the degree to which you understand our program and the characteristics of the profession.
Please focus your comments by addressing directly the following topics:
- In your own words provide a brief definition of athletic training.
- How you became interested in athletic training.
- What your anticipated career goals. (These may change with time)
Please format your personal statement using the following expectations:
- Use a text-editor.
- No longer than 2-pages.
- Use a staple if longer than 1-page.
- Provide your name at the top of your statement.
- Use a clean 12-point font.
- Submit the statement as part of your ATEP application.