In order to be formally admitted into this athletic training education program (ATEP) you will need to complete each of the following requirements and submit your completed ATEP application to the ATEP Director prior to the ATEP application date (March 1, 2013).
Determining which ATEP applicants are admitted into the program requires that a composite ATEP admission score be calculated for each applicant. In order to be eligible for ATEP admission the student must obtain a minimum ATEP composite admission score of 4.40. Only the five ATEP applicants with the highest ATEP composite scores 4.40 or higher will be admitted into this ATEP.
This form is provided to you as a way of tracking your progress through the ATEP application process. This form provides no information regarding each step in the ATEP process. Information regarding each step is provided in other documents. Make certain that you have read carefully all information prior to submitting your ATEP application.
ATEP Admission Requirements: Prospective ATEP applicants must complete each of the following requirements in order for their ATEP application to be considered complete.
1. Attend Occupational Health and Safety Administration Blood Borne Pathogen Prevention Workshop:
This is scheduled through the ATEP Director and the athletic training staff.
2. Provide medical documentation regarding hepatitis B vaccination
3. Complete (or be enrolled in)
- PHED 172: First-aid / CPR: Minimum Grade of "S"
- PHED 204: Applied Anatomy: Minimum Grade of "C-"
- PHED 340: Basic Athletic Training: Minimum Grade of "C-"
4. Return Medical Physical to ATEP Director.
5. Sign and return your Technical Standards Form.
If after you read the Technical Standards you believe that you will require accommodation in order to meet these standards you are expected to meet with the Denison University Office of Academic Support and Enrichment. They will be able to assist you as you collect the necessary supporting documents that will allow the University to determine if your condition meets the legal requirements of a disability. Assuming that your condition qualifies as a disability, they will also assist us as we collectively attempt to provide you with reasonable accommodation.
Your application for ATEP admission cannot go forward until all reasonable accommodations are agreed to. Therefore I strongly encourage you to review the Technical Standards as soon as possible.
Once reasonable accommodations are agreed upon, the student's ATEP application will be evaluated without bias.
6. Complete a portfolio representing your learning within the required first-year experiences:
Accomplished during the Basic Athletic Training course (PHED 340).
7. ATEP Entrance Examination:
This examination is administered by the ATEP Director during the final week of February.
8. Academic Transcript for all College Level Experience.
9. Complete ATEP Personal Statement.
10. Submit your application to:
Eric R. Winters, PhD, ATC
Department of Physical Education
Granville, Ohio 43023
ATEP application date is March 1, 2013.
11. Interview with ATEP Admission Committee
- Denison University Athletic Trainers
- ATEP Director (non-scoring member)
- ATEP Physician
- Additional faculty representative from the department of Physical Education
- Director of Athletics, Physical Education, Recreation
12. Calculation of personal composite ATEP admission scores. You must have earned a composite ATEP admission score of 4.40 or higher in order to be eligible for admission into this ATEP.