Journal of Geosciences Volume XII
The Denison Journal of the Geosciences is written and edited by the students and faculty of the Department of Geology and Geography. Production is overseen by the excellent Office Services staff of Denison University. The Geosciences Journal is intended as a means of communicating various topics in the geosciences and providing a medium for presenting student research to audiences outside the department. Articles submitted from outside of the Department are welcome. We are extremely grateful and extend our appreciation to the Denison University Research Foundation (D.U.R.F.) for the financial support which makes this publication possible.
Kelly K. Rose, Class of 1996
Shanan E. Peters, Class of 1998
Kennard B. Bork, Faculty Sponsor
- link class of '97, is an Environmental Studies major with a concentration in Biology.
- Melissa Hatcher class of '97, is an Environmental Studies major concentrating in Environmental Policy. Their research paper was completed for Dr. Bailey's Field Methods class, fall 1996.
- Kelly K. Rose class of '96, will be attending Virginia Polytechnic Institute next fall where she will pursue her masters degree in structural geology. Her paper on the classification of carbonate rocks was written for Dr. Bork's Sedimentology and Stratigraphy class.
- Shanan E. Peters class of '98, is pursuing B.S. degrees in Geology and Biology. Currently he is working on several Paleontology research projects in and around Ohio. Shanan's papers were completed for Dr. Bork's Historical Geology and Sedimentology and Stratigraphy classes.
- Key Rosebrook class of '97, is pursuing a B.S. degree in Geology.
- Christine Scheub class of '97, is an Environmental Studies major with a concentration in Biology. Key and Christine completed their research paper for Dr. Bailey's Field Methods course during the fall of 1995.
- Cathy Thibault class of '97, is a Geophysics major. Her reserch paper is the product of a summer 1995 internship with NASA, JSC in Dallas, Texas.