William Howard Doane Library
Thanks to the generous donation from Mr. John Hunting (1954), founder of the Beldon Fund, and the monies granted by the Office of Energy Efficiency at the Ohio Department of Development, solar panels have been successfully installed on the roof of the William Howard Doane Library at
The photovoltaic panels, or solar panels, were installed by a company contractor, Third Sun Solar and Wind Power, in April 2007 but were not fully functional until August. As part of the green renovations to Barney-Davis completed in 1998, a conduit connecting the Barney-Davis electrical circuit to the Doane Library was established in an effort to plan for future solar panel additions. Since the electrical conduit was set in place, Barney-Davis was ready to accept energy generated by the Library solar panels once they were operational.
The array of solar panels can generate up to 6,440 direct current