Publications & Grants - Spring 2014
- “MOJAVE: Monitoring of Jets in Active Galactic Nuclei with VLBA Experiments. VIII. Faraday rotation in parsec-scale AGN jets”, by Hovatta, T., Lister, M. L., Aller, M. F., Aller, H. D., Homan, D. C., Kovalev, Y. Y., Pushkarev, A. B., & Savolainen, T. (2012) The Astronomical Journal, vol. 144, p. 105
- “Inverse Depolarization: A Potential Probe of Internal Faraday Rotation and Helical Magnetic Fields in Extragalactic Radio Jets”, by Homan, D. C. (2012) The Astrophysical Journal Letters vol. 747, p. L24
- “Physical Properties of AGN Jets” an invited review by D. C. Homan, Appeared in the proceedings of HEPROIII: High Energy Phenomena in Relativistic Outflows III, Barcelona, June 27 - July 1, 2011, eprint arXiv:1110.4852, International Journal of Modern Physics: Conference Series, vol. 8, issue 01, p. 163
- “Observed Accelerations Due to Bends in Extragalactic Radio Jets” Meier, Eric J., Homan, D.C., & Lister, M.L. Poster presented at American Astronomical Society Meeting, Washington, DC, (Jan. 2014).
- “The chemical history of molecules in circumstellar disks. II. Gas-phase species”, R. Visser, S. D. Doty, & E. F. van Dishoeck, 2011, A&A, 534, 132
- “Modelling Herschel observations of hot molecular gas emission from embedded low-mass protostars”, R. Visser, L. E. Kristensen, S. Bruderer, E. F. van Dishoeck, G. J. Herczeg, C. Brinch, S. D. Doty, D. Harsono, & M. G. Wolfire, 2012, A&A, 537, 55
- “The warm gas atmosphere of the HD 100546 disk seen by Herschel. Evidence of a gas-rich, carbon-poor atmosphere?”, S. Bruderer, E. F. van Dishoeck, S. D. Doty, & G. J. Herczeg. 2012, A&A, 541, 91
- “OH far-infrared emission from low-and inter-mediate-mass protostars surveyed with Herschel-PACS”, S. F. Wampfler, S. Bruderer, A. Karska, G. J. Herczeg, E. F. van Dishoeck, L. E. Kristensen, J. R. Goicoechea, A. Benz, S. D. Doty, C. McCoey, et al., 2013, A&A, 552, 56
- “Chemical Evolution of Collapsing Clouds in Massive Star Formation”, K. Oman, S. D. Doty, & M. Krumholz. AAS, Seattle, WA, January, 2011.
- “Modeling Disks Around Massive Protostars”, J. Cochran, S. D. Doty, & J. Lacy. AAS, Seattle, WA, January, 2011.
- M. Hinczewski, R. Tehver, and D. Thirumalai, “Design principles governing the motility of myosin V”, PNAS, 110, E4059–E4068 (2013) – Highlighted in “Walk the line” Nature Physics 9, 692 (2013)
- M. Jayasinghe, P. Shrestha, X. Wu, R. Tehver, G. Stan, “Weak Intra-Ring Allosteric Communications of the Archaeal Chaperonin Thermosome Revealed by Normal Mode Analysis”, Biophys. J. 103, 1285 (2012)
- Y. Yang (‘14), R. Tehver. “Directional Mechanosensing in Myosin VI”. Poster presented at the American Physical Society March Meeting, Baltimore, MD (March 2013)
- I. Lowe (‘15), Y. Yang (‘14), R. Tehver. “Computational Study of Force-Gating in Myosin VI.” Poster presented at the American Physical Society March Meeting, Denver, CO (March 2014)
- Y. Yang (‘14), I. Lowe (‘15), R. Tehver. “Minimal Mechanochemical Model for the Processivity of Myosin VI”. Talk presented at the American Physical Society March Meeting, Denver, CO (March 2014)
- R. Tehver, “Structural Foundation of the Force Response of Molecular Motors” Cottrell College Science Award, Research Corporation, (2011)
- “Note: Pneumatically actuated and kinematically positioned optical mounts compatible with laser-cooling experiments,” R. C. Brown, S. Olmschenk, S. Wu, A. M. Dyckovsky, R. Wyllie, and J. V. Porto, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 84, 096101 (2013)
- “Towards quantum information processing with ions and telecom photons,” Bradley Bedacht (’14), Nick Theisen (’14), Steven Olmschenk, Midwest Cold Atom Workshop (MCAW), West Lafayette, IN (November 2013).
- S. Olmschenk, “Laser Cooling Trapped Ions with Telecom Light for Applications in Quantum Information,” Army Research Office (2013).
- S. Olmschenk, “Laser cooling and trapping of atomic ions with telecom light,” Cottrell College Science Award, Research Corporation for Science Advancement (2014).
Wes Walter & Dan Gibson
- A. O. Lindahl, J. Rohlén, H. Hultgren, D. J. Pegg, C. W. Walter, and D. Hanstorp, “Observation of Thresholds and Overlapping Resonances below the 10 2P1/2,3/2 Thresholds in the Photodetachment of Cs-“ Physical Review A 88, 053410 (2013).
- R.C. Bilodeau, N.D. Gibson, C.W. Walter, D.A. Esteves-Macaluso, S. Schippers, A. Müller, R.A. Phaneuf, A. Aguilar, M. Hoener, J.M. Rost, and N. Berrah, “Single-Photon Multiple-Detachment in Fullerene Negative Ions: Absolute Ionization Cross Sections and the Role of the Extra Electron”, Physical Review Letters 111, 043003 (2013).
- R.C. Bilodeau, N.D. Gibson, C.W. Walter, A. Aguilar, and N. Berrah, “Inner-shell Photodetachment: Shape and Feshbach Resonances of Anions”, Journal of Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena 185, 219 (2012).
- A. O. Lindahl, J. Rohlén, H. Hultgren, I. Yu. Kiyan, D. J. Pegg, C. W. Walter, and D. Hanstorp, “Experimental Studies of Partial Photodetachment Cross Sections in K- below the K(7 2P) Threshold,” Physical Review A 85, 033415 (2012).
- A. O. Lindahl, J. Rohlén, H. Hultgren, I. Yu. Kiyan, D. J. Pegg, C. W. Walter, and D. Hanstorp, “Threshold Photodetachment in a Repulsive Potential”, Physical Review Letters 108, 033004 (2012).
- C.W. Walter, N.D. Gibson, Y.-G. Li (’12), D. J. Matyas (’12), R.M. Alton (’12), S.E. Lou (’12), R.L. Field III (’09), D. Hanstorp, L. Pan, and D.R. Beck, “Experimental and Theoretical Study of Bound and Quasi-bound States of Ce-”, Physical Review A 84, 032514 (2011).
- Dan Matyas (’12) presented an invited talk entitled “Investigating Electronic Properties and Bound-Bound Transitions in the Negative Ion of Lanthanum” at the 2012 conference of the American Physical Society – Division of Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics in Anaheim, California.